Coca-Cola® Back-To-School Contest
1. Eligibility: The “Coca-Cola® Back-To-School” contest (the “contest”) is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are the age of majority or older (in their respective province) at the time of entry and who possess an active student # from one of the participating locations listed in Section 8 below. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of Sponsor, Administrator, Prizing Partner (each, as defined below) or any store in which the contest is held, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, or any of their respective affiliates, related entities, successors or assigns, or persons domiciled with any of the above, are not eligible to enter the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, territorial, provincial and municipal, laws and regulations and is void outside of Canada and where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Coca‑Cola Canada Bottling Limited, 335 King Street East, Toronto, ON, M5A 1L1.
Administrator: LPi Communications, 245 Yorkland Blvd #305, North York, ON M2J 4W9.
Mobile Partner: Impact Mobile, 60 Adelaide Street East #400, Toronto, ON M5C 3E4.
Prizing: Coca‑Cola Canada Bottling Limited, 335 King Street East, Toronto, ON, M5A 1L1.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, Administrator, and/or Prizing Partner which are final and binding in all matters related to the contest.
4. Promotion Period: The contest begins at 12:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) September 3, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET, October 10, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). The contest draw date is October 18, 2019 at approximately 11:00:00 am ET. Mobile Partner’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this contest.
5. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter the contest:
If you enter the contest by text message, your wireless service provider’s text message and data rates apply. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. The device that is used must be capable of sending and receiving text messages. Entrants should check their device’s features to see if they have that capability and check the device manual for specific use instructions. Entry via text messaging may be limited and may not be available through all wireless carriers or on all devices. Carriers vary by region.
- Mail-in Alternate Method of Entry (no purchase necessary): To enter the contest without making a purchase during the Promotion Period, hand print your name, address (P.O. Boxes are not permitted), phone number, email address, and your date of birth , the name of the Secondary School you attend and your Student number on a 5″ wide x 3″ tall piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Coca-Cola Back-To-School Contest” c/o LPi Communications, 245 Yorkland Blvd #305, North York, ON M2J 4W9. All mail-in entrants must state “I consent to the collection, use, storage, and disclosure, of my personal information by Sponsor for the purposes of the contest” to complete their entry. You will receive one (1) entry into the Promotion drawing. Limit of one (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by October 10th, 2019 and received by October 17, 2019 to be eligible. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.For each eligible entry received, you will receive one (1) entry into the contest and be included in the prize draw.
6. Requirements of Potential Winners: Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Entrants consent to receiving electronic messages, and the collection, use, storage, and disclosure, of their personal information by Sponsor for the purposes of the contest. Each potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive their prize. Before being confirmed as a winner, potential winners may also be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to sign a declaration (a) confirming their understanding, compliance with and acceptance of these Official Rules and (b) releasing Sponsor from any and all liability in connection with the contest, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor.
7. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received by the contest closing date.
8. Participating Locations: The following twenty-one (21) post-secondary institutions (each, a “Participating Institution”) are participating:
- McMaster University
- Mohawk College
- University of Western Ontario
- Fanshawe College
- University of Windsor
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Guelph
- University of Waterloo
- Sheridan College
- Durham College/UoIT
- Fleming College
- Loyalist College
- Queen’s University
- St. Lawrence College
- Centennial College
- Ryerson University
- Seneca College
- George Brown College
- Humber College
- Georgian College
- York University
9. Prize Descriptions: The following prizes are available to be won at each participating institution (3 total per location):
- Grand Prize: One (1) $500 student card voucher
- Secondary Prizes: Two (2) $250 student card vouchers
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prizes per Participating Institution is $1,000.00 CAD. Prizes will be loaded onto the student card of each confirmed winner by the educational institution that they attend within approximately 4 – 6 weeks of contest closing.
For All Prizes: Participants will be contacted by the Contest Sponsor on or around October 21, 2019 and will have until October 29, 2019 to claim their prize with the contest Sponsor. All unclaimed prizes will be considered forfeited and a new winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received by the contest closing date. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be redeemed for cash. No prize substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by any winner is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component of a prize for one of equal or greater value. Participants must confirm their student # from their participating educational institution to be eligible to enter the contest and to accept the prize.
10. Participating Products: Participating products in this promotion are the following:
500mL or 591mL Coca-Cola® beverages: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola Zero Sugar®, Coca-Cola® Stevia, Sprite®, Sprite® Cranberry, Fanta®, Canada Dry® Ginger Ale, Canada Dry® Diet Ginger Ale, Canada Dry® Cranberry.
11. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and their designees to use entrant’s name, prize information, likeness, and place of residence for promotional purposes in any media in perpetuity without further consideration.
12. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor or Administrator may, in their sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the contest to address the impairment and then resume the contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the contest and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor or Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor and Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Entry texts or forms received after the end of the Promotion Period will be considered null and void and will not be eligible for the prize draw.
13. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited by applicable law, by participating in the contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, Prizing Partners, Coca-Cola Ltd., The Coca-Cola Company and authorized bottlers or distributors of Coca-Cola® products (including all of their applicable parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners and prize partners), and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, software, providers, printers or telephone, telephone or other communication lines, cellular networks, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; (f) death, injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the contest or receipt, use or misuse of any prize; or (g) the use of any prize awarded in the contest. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for legal fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry, if it is possible. If the contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
14. Dispute Resolution: Entrants agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Courts of Ontario, Canada; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest but in no event legal fees or disbursements; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Province of Ontario and Federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.